Scapino Ballet Rotterdam
Scapino lives dance, breathes dance, is dance. But when the company began, it didn’t set out with the aim of creating and performing dance.
Scapino was founded in 1945 by Hans Snoek. She (yes, Hans was a woman) dreamt of ‘bringing colour back to the cheeks of children after the war.’ And it’s because of her belief in the power of dance to make that happen, that Scapino came to be. The drive to bring change through dance – to bring joy, life, colour – still moves us today.
Pinocchio EffectDance, theatre, live video and blunt performances in a family production for everyone between the ages of 10 and 110.
OriginFor Origin, Ed Wubbe brings two extraordinary, international choreographers to The Netherlands: Gong Xingxing and Lior Tavori.
Song of the dark forestA moving, compelling and comforting performance, performed by the complete group of dancers of Scapino, an opera singer and live music by the DoelenEnsemble.
HERFSTA hopeful ritual for an approaching end in this co-production HERFST created by Ryan Djojokarso.
- You can now apply for the upcoming auditions for Scapino Ballet Rotterdam. Please send in your application before October 20, 2023.
- Get to know the dancers of Scapino Ballet Rotterdam better with a new video series.
- Mischa van Leeuwen celebrates his anniversary.
- What would you put in a time capsule? What is so improbably important that it should be preserved for the next generation? That's what De Nieuws BV on NPO Radio 1 today asked former dancer Bonnie Doets, who retired this year after 30 years as a dancer with Scapino Ballet.
- Together with Conny Janssen Danst and Dansateliers, we are joining forces to open up our archives to the public. Thanks to the grant from culture desk DigitALL, we can now get to work on this!
- The moment that is now invariably circled in red in our diaries: every year, Scapino dancers & crew members join a Move Well class by Annemarie Labinjo in our dance studios, together with her 1stmove dancers.
- Who takes care of the Scapino-archive? For their new item in which they interview archivists from cultural institutions, podiumkunst.net sat down with our 'treasurer' Brandy.
- This year, the King celebrates his birthday and ten years of kingship in 010. We have the honour of paying tribute to the King and our city with a special dance.
- Recently in Iran, five young women were arrested by vice police for posting a video in which they danced without a hijab on TikTok. Amnesty is standing up with the #CriminalInIran campaign.