Mario Bermúdez Gil
Mario Bermúdez Gil (Spain, 1988) studied at Centro Andaluz de Danza (Seville, Spain) and subsequently danced with Andrea Miller's Gallim Dance and Jennifer Muller/The Works in New York. With Batsheva Dance Company (2012-2016) he danced in choreographies by Ohad Naharin, Sharon Eyal, Hofesh Shechter and Roy Assaf.
In 2016 he founded Marcat Dance, of which he is artistic director and choreographer to this day. Mario is a prolific maker with a recognizable movement language with a dynamic physicality and emotional impact. His work is performed by Marcat Dance and other dance companies around the world, including the National Dance Company of Spain, the National Dance Company of Wales, Flamenco Star Eva Yerbabuena, Hung Dance Taiwan, Nuovo Balleto di Toscana BDT, and Scapino Ballet Rotterdam.
In 2018 Mario won the Scapino Production Award at the first edition of the Rotterdam International Duet Choreography Competition (RIDCC).
- Jaen, Spain
- Centro Andaluz de Danza (Sevilla, Spain)
- Finalist for the Premios MAX 2020 (Best Choreography and Best Male Interpreter)
- Best Choreography of 2020, Premios PAD, Sevilla, Spain
- Best Choreography of 2018/2019, Escenarios de Sevilla (2019)
- Scapino Production Award - Rotterdam International Duet Choreography Competition (2018)
- Young Artist Award of Jaen, Andalusia (2018)
- “25 To Watch” in Dance Magazine USA (2017)
- “Best Dancer Award” by Certamen Coreografico Distrito de Tetuan, Madrid, Spain (2017).